SMCS STEM Club Fly IN "Exploring the World of Flight”
On Friday July 20 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM, the SMCS STEM Club will host the second annual SMCS STEM Club Fly IN "Exploring the World of Flight." Open to students from grades 1 through 8, our aviation education event will include learning about the theory of flight as well as a variety of fun hands-on and age-focused aviation-related activities.
The Fly IN will begin in the STEM Center on the campus of St. Mary Catholic High School, and will be a day full of exploring the world of flight! The day’s activities include:
* Learning about the physics of flight.
* Hands-on activities and aviation displays in the ZEPHYR Hanger.
* Operating the RC Flight Simulator
* Piloting the Club’s camera drones.
* Piloting a real high performance racing drone.
* Launching ESTES "hot" and pneumatic rockets.
* Rocket Golf.
* Flying kites.
* Launching outdoor gliders.
* Fly over by the ThedaStar Medical Transport Helicopter
Check back for more updates!
Students attending are invited to bring their own quad copters to fly on the “Zephyr Airfield” obstacle course.
Sunscreen, water, snacks and lunch will be provided.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact SMCS STEM Club Mentor Greg Cheslock at email@example.com or 920-515-9241.